Saturday, December 1, 2007

Joseph's Baptism

Today was Joseph's baptism. We awoke to SEVERAL new inches of snow this morning. So much so that none of Mat's family from Sandy, Lehi, Eagle Mtn, were able to come. His brother Scot and his family were able to be here. Most of my family had come the night before so they avoided the storm. It was a new experience to have your first child baptized. I didn't think that it would be very emotional for me, but I have to admit that I did tear up and feel a bit emotional but it was a great event. Our ward was in charge of the Stk. baptism, so Mat and I both had the opportunity to participate. Mat was planned participation, he was asked to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. He did a great job, kept it simple for the children, there were six of them, and threw in a bit of humor for the rest of us. I had the opportunity to fill in and play prelude and the first couple of songs on the piano. The pianist ended up getting stuck in new snow and was very late. When I first started to play prelude music, the only Primary book I could find was the Spanish version. Well that worked just fine until they started the meeting. When they announced the opening song I panicked, not reading a word of Spanish and not knowing what page the number it was on. I was even getting to the point that I was going to get my Dad from the audience and have tell me, he speaks Spanish. I ended up telling the chorister about my predicament and she let me use her hymn book and she led without. Something I will always remember. Well enough of my memories....here are a few pictures of the great day.