Monday, March 29, 2010

Day Five..............


This is Isaac's temporary bed for our stay in Philadelphia. It is a top drawer from a dresser, with a blanket for padding. We told Matalyn and Jacob about the bed last night, and they thought it was hilarious.

Today was a rather boring day, and to think that right now we are just wasting time until papers are signed. That will now be on Wednesday that Kenya signs over the baby. As of right now we are baby sitting.

Isaac slept very well during the night. Even today, all he has done is eat, have his diaper changed, then he pees all over everything while having his diaper changed, change of clothing, and finally he goes back to sleep. Mat and I keep thinking that this can't continue forever, but we will sure enjoy the quiet while it lasts. He hardly cries at all. I keep joking that he better enjoy the quiet now, because it won't be all that quiet once we get home!

We did make it out of the house for a short outing to have a bite to eat. It has been a rather rainy day and lots of flooding around Philadelphia and New Jersey. It will be rainy tomorrow and then by the weekend it should be almost 80 degrees. That sounds great and I can't wait to see the sun again and enjoy the nice weather.

Here is a picture of Isaac just before we got ready for bed. (Just another picture to post for your enjoyment.)

One more question (if you are still reading), if you have been to Philadelphia or the state of Pennsylvania what have you seen and done? What is fun to do and see and what is not worth it? We plan on spending some time down in Center City and seeing all of the history, but what about Lancaster (Amish country)? What about Hershey, PA? Any input would be great, since we (meaning mostly me) have alot of time to fill.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Guys! We've loved following your awesome adventure around here - congratulations on your baby boy! I remember the last time you were in Philadelphia and we were in NY.

    If you have time, I would definitely go see Amish Country - Intercourse, PA is always a funny place to start. If I were you, I would skip Hershey - most of the appeal is an amusement park that is okay, but not any fun with a baby. Gettysburg might be more worthwhile for you if you are interested in historical places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy and excited for your family. Isaac is a beautiful baby, and is going to be so loved. My thoughts are w/you guys and hoping you can get home soon to the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What to see in Philly? Where do I start? WE should talk, I'll be back in time for priesthood session.
    Do you like the ROcky movies? I can show you where everything was filmed.
    google:
    the Italian Market
    Reading Terminal Market
    boathouse row
    Fort Mifflin
    South Street
    Elfreth's Alley
    Philadelphia Museum of Art
    Dalyn's house
    Clivenden and Germantown Ave.
    Go eat somewhere around Rittenhouse square (budget?)
    Pat's and Gino's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Weavers! I'm still playing catch up and reeling a little at all the excitement in your life. I'd love an email with a little more explanation how everything came to be when life settles down for you a little. We're so excited for your little miracle. He is as precious as can be.

    As a side note, I slept in my parents top dresser drawer until I learned to roll over, then I slept in a banana box (with padding of course) on the floor. We lived in a 2 bedroom trailer (that had a cabana) with 7 children. My dad was building our house at the time and we moved into it when I was 8 months old and I finally had a crib. Of course, I don't remember any of that, but the dresser drawer seemed to be a perfect little place for me. Seeing Isaac in the drawer made me smile. We're really so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete