Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day Three: Another day with Richard, Kenya and Baby

We got a good nights sleep, first one since we have been here. I am sure that our nights of good sleep will soon come to an end. We got to the hospital about 10 am and stayed until about 7:30 pm. For lunch, Richard bought us Caribbean food. Mat and Richard were going to get curry goat. They couldn't figure out if that's what they actually got, or if it was chicken. I guess there is something to be said about "it tastes and looks like chicken'. Kenya and I got jerk chicken. It was really good, but spicy. To obtain the food, they ventured off the campus of the hospital by a block into inner city life. It was quite the experience for Mat. We spent an enjoyable day with Kenya and Richard. It is amazing to me how open they both are about this whole adventure. They are wonderful people and we look forward to continuing our friendship with them. I found it interesting how many little odd things that I had in common with Kenya. She is amazing and I worry about how she will handle life when she hands over her baby. She has never wavered on her decision, but it will be very difficult for her. We pray for her often, and hope that by spending time with her, that it will put some of her concerns to rest.

So for those who are tired of words....here are some pictures.


Look at that hair!





Tiny Feet







Isn't Kenya's hair cool?




He's already giving Mat the "eye"



2 comments:

  1. Those are really cute pictures! WE are so excited for you guys, and we can't wait to see him in person!! Congrats!!

    Love you guys!
    Devin and Marissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great pics! I especially love the one of his feet. :)

    I'm so happy for you all!

    Jennifer Rea

    ReplyDelete