Thursday, March 13, 2008

Early Morning Wake-up

We came down to Sandy to visit Mat's Mom. As usual we had several interruptions during the night....children waking up to use the potty, crying of course, children crying because they are wandering around being very disoriented, etc. But the best interruption happened early this morning. Jacob came in the bedroom to ask where his backpack was. Waking up from a deep sleep, I was confused as to why he needed his backpack when it was still dark. He then went on to say something about how everyone (Joseph and Matalyn) was awake and upstairs. Worried that they had woken up Grandma, I quickly jumped out of bed and ran upstairs. When I got upstairs I noticed the time, to my amazement, the clock said 4:30 AM. Three of my children were up and going for the day! I quickly explained to them that it was NOT time to get up, not even close! I was also worried because they had gone to bed so late, close to 11 PM, and getting up that early in the morning was going to make an extremely long day. I told them that they needed to return to bed and to my surprise, not a single one of them complained or even made a sound after I helped them back to bed and tucked them in. Thankgoodness all were able to go back to sleep and all was quiet for several more hours.