Saturday, March 8, 2008

When I grow up...

I want to be just like my Mom. Well, in one sense I have accomplished that task. For several years, my Mom worked for a company that made very high end baby products. She would sew quite a few of these products and has learned a lot. Here a while ago, the company she worked for went out of business and the owner gave her thousands of dollars worth of fabric. One of the things that she would make is a baby blanket called a swaddler. It has a strip of chenille around the outside and then the rest of it is made of a coordinating gingham flannel and a percale flower print. Well, I have finally learned to make these from some of the scraps that she has given me. I have to admit that these turned out so well, even my corners match perfectly, if I do say so myself...thanks for being such a wonderful teacher, Mom!

The pink one below is for Mat's sister Wendi, who is having her second girl.


The blue one came about as a last minute baby gift for someone in my ward. This one doesn't have the chenille around the edges, just flannel, but it will be perfect for summer.